October 2021 explorations, readings, podcasts, thoughts for further research…
- Podcast – Robert Cialdini on Knowledge Project: Knowledge Project: Robert Cialdini
One of my favorite books, “Influence” by Robert Cialdini. This was a great interview on how the principles he wrote about so long ago are still as effective as ever.
Some great examples throughout the discussion.
- Warren Buffett starts his annual letters highlighting an investment mistake they made. This is called a “credibility enhancer”. Demonstrated honesty, his investors will believe what he says next.
- Say, “Of course, I was glad to help. It’s what long-term partners do for one another. If the situation was reversed, you’d do the same.”
- Podcast – First Million: My First Million
“Ramon Van Meer (@RamonVanMeer) joins Shaan Puri (@ShaanVP) to discuss why he prefers to buy businesses rather than build them, his best tools for new business research, how to make sure you’re not buying a lemon, learning to code in a week, and much more.”
I am continually fascinated by buying internet businesses. This was a great discussion on how to start, different resources and specific companies like Centurica that can be helpful in the due diligence.
- Podcast – Tim Ferris: #541: Eric Schmidt – The Promises and Perils of AI, the Future of Warfare, Profound Revolutions on the Horizon, and Exploring the Meaning of Life: #541: Eric Schmidt
I am going to listen to this one again. It is a great overview of the different phases AI has gone through and what we may expect. I particularly appreciated the part on how AI can be used to benefit society. A lot to digest and think about.
- Podcast – Founder’s Field Guide: Gabby Dizon, co-Founder of Yield Guild Games – “Mapping the Metaverse Economy”: Gabby Dizon – Mapping the Metaverse Economy
A deep dive into the Metaverse economy. This is a great listen for those trying to understand the developing world that pays users to play. Helping me understand what are truly digital assets and how to value/think about going forward.
- Book I started: Robert Greene’s new book, The Daily Laws: 366 Meditations on Power, Seduction, Mastery, Strategy, and Human Nature
- Article: The Internet is Having a Kodak Moment – Part 1 (Chrisrempel.com)
Going to start soon, Part 2: Creating The New Frontier – Part 2 (chrisrempel.com)